Millions of people are “cutting the cord” every year, making the switch from traditional cable television to other tech-powered solutions. IPTV solutions have become the new – and most popular – way to watch your favorite TV shows, movies, sports, and more. And even more exciting, IPTV is offering an accessible means for creatives that want to produce and broadcast their own content.
But exactly what is IPTV, and how does it work? And how do you find the ideal IPTV solution for you? We have created this simple guide to give you all the answers.
What is an IPTV Platform?
Before we can talk about the best options for using IPTV to broadcast your original content, let’s cover exactly what IPTV is.
Internet Protocol Television, or IPTV, provides access to TV channels/content via the Internet (rather than a cable network). Rather than tuning in to certain shows at specific times, pre-arranged by the cable provider, you can watch content on your schedule.
There are paid and free IPTV services with a wide range of platform options. In many cases, IPTV services cost less than a traditional cable subscription and offer far more customizability. You can find IPTV solutions that provide access to movies, original content, live channels, and live sporting events.
You can use an IPTV platform via a smart TV or Internet TV sticks and boxes from brands like Roku, Amazon, and Apple.
There are a few different types of IPTV platforms, including:
- Video on Demand (VOD): This IPTV platform makes it possible to watch TV shows/movies whenever you want (on demand).
- Live television: Some IPTV services broadcast live content over the Internet, rather than traditional cable, so that you can watch live events such as sporting events, awards shows, and news programs.
- TV on Demand: Another IPTV solution lets you purchase access to individual TV shows/series and movies.
The Best 5 IPTV Solutions
You are probably already familiar with major IPTV platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+, but what about an IPTV solution for starting your own streaming channel? Here are some of our go-to IPTV platforms to consider.
With nearly two decades of experience and fully-integrated services, Matrixstream is a fantastic solution for brands and businesses. Some of the key features of this IPTV solution include the following:
- Zero monthly costs when using SaaS
- Access to a wide customer base on a global level
- Pay-as-you-grow options
With NetUP, you can secure, produce, and distribute content in your own or existing channels. Some of the top highlights of NetUP include:
- Content access protection via a one-time URL
- Useful TV-watching stats/analytics
- Customizable interface
- Set-top media box management
TELEBREEZE is a popular streaming TV system boasting end-to-end platform architecture and provides invaluable assistance for anyone searching for how to start an IPTV media business. Notable features of TELEBREEZE include:
- A user-friendly web interface
- Fast, inexpensive IPTV solutions
- A content management system that provides the ultimate in flexibility
- Access to server-based data such as uptime, CPU, GPU, and others.
For a scalable IPTV platform, few options can beat Viaccess Orca with its advanced data solutions, content protection, and video monetization options. Among its praise-worthy features are the following:
- Support for both linear and non-linear content across all screens
- Cloud TV service that provides out-of-the-box native TV apps
- Easy, plug-and-play operation for live content combined with well-rounded license delivery
Nevron is a state-of-the-art platform that delivers outstanding solutions tailored for specific industry verticals (hospitals, residential areas, hospitality, and other industries). Some of its top-selling points include:
- IPTV apps and widgets facilitate by smart TV technology
- Middleware apps such as Games, TV shop, Jukebox, and others.
- No-hassle customization and optional upgrades
Interested in Working in Broadcasting?
The latest advancements in technology have opened up new opportunities for individuals with a passion for media, creating an exciting realm of possibilities for your professional future. If you want a job in TV or radio broadcasting, getting the right education and training can help you get your foot in the door.
Start Your Broadcasting Career Today!
The Beonair Network of Media Schools has campuses located in Miami, Chicago, Colorado, and Ohio, where students in our Radio & TV Broadcasting program build the essential skills and experiences they need to break into the media industry. You’ll spend time in the classroom and in-studio, learning from skilled professionals with real-world experience. And because we’re committed to staying one step ahead of the latest media trends and technology, you can be confident that you’ll graduate ready to enter the ever-evolving world of TV and radio.
There has never been a better time to launch a career in the media industry. Contact us for more information, or apply online now!