Career Opportunities With a Certification in Digital Media Production
Certification in digital media production allows you to pursue a career in radio or television. Within each specific industry, you have a large number of job opportunities to choose from. The classes you are required to take to complete a digital media production program will teach you marketing and production skills that can help you excel in many jobs.
If you chose the digital marketing path, you might decide to pursue jobs with advertising agencies. You may also find a position as a social media coordinator. You can create visual content for startups or collaborate with others to produce extensive film projects. A job in the newspaper field creating digital content is also an option.
You may prefer to enter the radio industry as either a broadcaster or producer. Working as a broadcaster gives you a better chance of breaking into the entertainment industry. Working as a producer allows you to directly impact the type of content you generate and keeps you out of the limelight.
Your final option is to pursue a career in the television industry. Just as with the radio industry, you can choose to work in front of the screen as a broadcaster or behind the scenes as a producer or camera operator. You may also choose to work as an editor or screenwriter for commercials and educational videos.
Regardless of which career path you plan on pursuing, you need to complete courses that give you the knowledge to complete a digital media degree. Through the Media Schools’ programs, located in Colorado, Ohio, Illinois, and Miami, you’ll learn every aspect of content creation. Our programs teach you how to follow every stage of a project, from pre-production to post-production. Our graduates have the skills they need to succeed in a wide variety of digital media careers.
Programs Offered by the Media Schools
Our mission is to help you develop the skills you need for a successful career in media. Although our comprehensive program teaches you various aspects of digital media, we also offer specific programs that give you specialized training. Choose from any of the programs listed below.
- Sports Broadcasting: Become a play-by-play sports announcer or a color commentator. This program teaches you the tools of the trade through classes on career development, storytelling, ratings, and TV and film production.
- Hispanic Media Production: Learn how to represent Hispanic people accurately and authentically with classes on production and equipment training, on-camera training, and speech and announcing training.
- Radio and TV Broadcasting: This comprehensive program teaches you everything you need to know about completing a radio or TV project from start to finish. You will take classes on marketing, production, promotions, and sales. These courses will also teach you how to measure and understand ratings so you can see how well your radio or TV program is doing.
- Film and Video Production: This program is for everyone who is interested in video production, from screenwriters and editors to production assistants and camera operators. It is designed to help you find your dream job within the video production field. You’ll learn how to follow a film project through the planning and filming stages to the editing stage in post-production. This hands-on training provides you with the material you can use to build your portfolio.
- Sales and Marketing Program: Learning how to successfully market digital media is important for building a career. Our sales and marketing program shows you how to develop a buyer persona and read internet-based analytics. In addition to helping you develop commercial writing skills, this course also defines current marketing trends and shows you how to get the most out of the videos you produce.
- Audio Production: If you enjoy sound or music and want to learn how to incorporate it effectively into various mediums such as videos, films, and video games, audio production could be the ideal program for you. This program teaches you how to record, manipulate, and imbed sound into the visual projects you are working on. With this certification, you can work behind the scenes as an audio director, sound designer, or audio programmer.
While our radio and broadcasting program is the most comprehensive, these other courses offer specialized training that will allow you to find your niche in the market. Whether you choose to earn your digital media certification by completing our eight-month program or you want to take a few classes to enhance the knowledge you gained while earning a bachelor’s degree, the Media Schools offer the courses you need to be successful. Consider enrolling in our programs to see how we can prepare you for a successful career in media.
- The Media Schools offer a variety of programs to give you the tools you need to succeed in the media field.
- The field of digital media is growing rapidly and offers you a wide variety of career options.
- There are many benefits to earning your digital media production degree from the Media Schools.
Benefits of Taking Classes From the Media Schools of Colorado, Ohio, Illinois, and Miami
While you can obtain a digital media career from many schools across the country, the Media Schools are uniquely qualified to help you cultivate the skills you need to build a successful career in the media industry. Our program teaches you everything you need to know about the broadcasting industry so you can make an informed decision on which career is right for you. Our classes are taught by professionals who still work in the broadcasting industry and understand the nuances of media history and how it is changing.
We don’t require you to have a bachelor’s degree to apply for our program, but you are welcome to apply if you are interested in the specialized, hands-on training we offer. However, you can also qualify for our program if you have a high school diploma or GED. To complete our 8-month program, you must commit to attending classes for 36 weeks. During this time, you will learn through a combination of professional instruction and hands-on training. You must also complete 160 hours of a digital media internship, and we work with many media companies so you can find an internship program that interests you. Our list of available internships changes every year, so check our website often to see which spots you want to apply for.
If finances are a major concern, you can rest easy knowing we accept many types of financial aid to ensure you have access to the training you need for your dream career. You can be sure your money is well-spent when you enroll in our program because we are accredited by a wide variety of broadcasting organizations, including the International Television Association, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the National Association of Broadcasters.
Although the field of media is constantly evolving, the industry is stable and growing, so it offers plenty of job security. Building a successful career in this field requires you to have the right tools and knowledge, and the Media Schools, located in Colorado, Ohio, Illinois, and Miami, can provide you with the certification you need. Contact us today to learn more about the courses we offer and apply for one of our programs.
Featured Image: Gorodenkoff/Shutterstock