Video has emerged as an integral component of any business and marketing strategy, offering an excellent way to connect with existing and potential customers alike. Whether you’re part of a large, well-established organization or in the early stages of founding your own business, video can help you achieve solid growth and development in a variety of ways. The right video can build brand awareness, establish interest in a new product or service, or even launch your company, but knowing exactly where to start can be a challenge.
While there’s next to no limit to how creative you can get with your business videos, the key is to create engaging content that will effectively reach your target market. Pinpointing exactly what your ideal viewers will find interesting and relevant is no small task, but there are a handful of content ideas that have universal appeal:
- Share customer testimonials and client interviews. Showcase excellent customer experiences and solid relationships by interviewing past clients and letting them tell their stories. Try to keep the conversation casual rather than formal to present the content through a genuine, believable lens.
- Interview experts in your industry. Establish yourself as an industry influencer by connecting with experts in your field, building credibility and giving viewers relevant, interesting content that serves a distinct purpose.
- Introduce yourself (and your team). Clients (both new and potential) enjoy getting to know the “you” behind your brand and creating a short introductory video can be a great way to build their trust. If you have employees, consider including them in the video as well. Balance a sense of professionalism with a fun, upbeat attitude, and don’t be afraid to get a little creative.
- Create an end-of-year summary. Take your viewers through the past year, highlighting major successes and detailing new growth and lessons learned along the way. This approach can help communicate a willingness to learn, which is always a plus in the eyes of clients.
- Design product videos that make viewers want to make a purchase. Oftentimes, one of the best ways to explain a new product to potential clients is to simply show them. A thoughtful product video can not only demonstrate the function of a new product or service but also prove exactly why it’s worth buying.
Here are a few video production tips to keep in mind when creating content for your business:
- It’s important that the final product be professional. If you don’t have experience in video production or editing, consider looking into an educational program to help you build solid skills. Nothing turns viewers off like a poorly filmed or edited video, so it’s critical that your business is committed to quality.
- Try to find a consistent posting schedule that provides viewers with a steady flow of interesting content. Creating one engaging video isn’t enough to solidify long-term viewership, so take the time to develop a content strategy for the future.
- Find a balance between your interests and what your viewers want to see. This “sweet spot” can result in highly engaging videos that you truly enjoy making – the best of both worlds.
If you’re considering turning your interest in business video production into a full-time career, you’ll need a well-rounded foundation of skill and knowledge from a high-quality video production school. Our film & video production program provides the tools you need to succeed in an exciting but highly competitive industry, preparing you for professional success through a combination of hands-on experiences and expertly-designed course content.
Develop your creative passion into a lifelong career by pursuing an excellent education at the schools of the Be On Air Media Schools, located in Ohio, Colorado, Illinois, and Miami. Learn more about the program, enrollment process, and more by contacting our admissions team today!