If your professional dreams involve making connections with an audience through video, being your own boss, and nurturing your creativity every day, then vlogging might be the career for you. Vlogging, or video blogging, is a unique career path that offers the opportunity to choose a new creative direction every day – but with that freedom comes challenges as well.
If you want to become a trending topic in the world of vlogging, you’ll need to produce videos that capture viewers’ interest and offer a completely original viewing experience. Sometimes, vlogging inspiration can be tough to come by, but we’ve put together a handy collection of ideas to spark your creativity.
Increase your odds of achieving viral success with these 15 suggestions for interesting things you can vlog about:
- Create a “how to” video. Have a specific skill or talent to share with your viewers? Put together an instructional vlog that walks them through a particular task in a fun, friendly way.
- Stage a video prank. Give your audience a good laugh with a creative prank, making it as simple or elaborate as you want.
- Interview a person of interest. Choose someone you genuinely find interesting and make sure to prepare a well-rounded line-up of questions to generate good conversation.
- Use a screencast to teach a tech-savvy skill. This idea falls in the same category as a “how to,” but specifically uses the handy screencast tool to show viewers how to tackle a new computer task like photo editing or creating a blog.
- Make a travel vlog. Viewers love to tag along for new travel experiences, whether you’re planning a weekend staycation or an extended visit to an island paradise.
- Review something. Try a new popular candy, a trending app, or anything else, then give your audience your honest, thoughtful feedback.
- Introduce yourself to your audience. An introduction video can be a great way to start your vlogging channel or connect with new viewers anytime.
- Hop on the latest “challenge” trend. From the Mannequin Challenge to the strange Cinnamon Challenge, there seems to always be a new challenge trend going viral.
- “What’s on My Phone?” Take a dive into your favorite apps including both practical favorites and entertaining time-wasters.
- Film a reaction video for your favorite TV show. Let your viewers “watch” your favorite show alongside you and see your real-time reactions.
- Create a haul video. Take your audience on a virtual shopping spree by showing them the latest scores from your favorite stores.
- Make a parody. Put a humorous spin on a popular video, film, or TV show by creating a one-of-a-kind parody.
- Show a “day in the life.” Even your everyday life can be interesting to viewers, so take them along everywhere for a day.
- Take viewers on a tour. Show them your room, house, or hometown, anyplace you think they’d be interested in exploring.
- Delve into an interesting topic. Have a passion for a random topic like ancient art or origami? Show your audience exactly why you find it so interesting.
Boost Your Vlogging Career at a Be On Air Network school in Ohio, Colorado, Illinois or Miami.
Looking for a smart way to chart a path to vlogging success? Attending a high-quality video production course can equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to get ahead in the competitive industry. Whether your career goals involve being the star of your original show or staying behind the camera, our video production modules will prepare you for professional success. At a Be On Air Network school, you’ll cover everything from storyboarding and screenwriting to post-production editing and FX, working with expert instructors and learning from a blend of hands-on experience and excellent course content.
Learn more about Be On Air Network of schools in Ohio, Colorado