Odds are, somebody in your life works or has worked for a multi-level marking company, called MLM companies for short. If you’ve ever had a friend on social media invite you to join their sales team or attend an online shopping party, it probably had connections to an MLM company. Some people think of MLM companies as some opportunistic scam, but that actually couldn’t be further from the truth. Learning a little bit about how these companies can help you understand why they provide a wealth of opportunity for income and professional growth. In fact, you’re probably very familiar with many of the best MLM companies in the business without even knowing it.
How Does MLM work?
MLM also referred to as network marketing, utilize a system of marketing that’s based on a basic business model: you become a part of a team of distributors and work to build a team of recruited downline distributors. The top network marketing companies have a strong inventory of products that you will provide to your clients, meeting a specific need in your target market. As your team of downline distributors grows, you receive compensation benefits from their sales as well, because you are the original recruiter. Simply put, the larger your team, the better your return.
How Do I Find the Top-Earning Network Marketing Companies?
There’s not necessarily a single answer to this question because your earnings depend largely on one important factor: you. If you’re willing to put in the work, and you are working with an MLM that fits your interests and passion, you’ll probably find yourself earning a pretty penny. However, if you choose an MLM that has a mission and products that you don’t have interest in, then your chances for success are far lower.
What is the Best MLM Company?
There are a huge number of MLM companies out there, so it can be overwhelming to know where to start. However, there are a handful of top-rated network marketing companies that consistently receive top marks from both employees and customers. If you’re interested in getting starting in the world of MLM, working with a reputable, successful company is the best place to begin.
Here’s a brief list of some of the top-rated MLM companies:
- Scentsy: Scentsy was the first in the industry to offer a way to enjoy the scene of a candle without having to ever light one. Their unique wax squares are essentially a flameless candle and have earned widespread popularity by smart marketing and product design.
- doTERRA: doTERRA is one of a handful of essential oils companies, promising a natural path towards health and wellness. The company has done well recruiting a variety of well-known people to advertise their product, which can mean you have good traction before you even begin.
- Jeunesse: With over a billion dollars in annual revenue, Jeunesse has a regular spot on many “best of” MLM lists. The company operates in the competitive weight loss products industry, but they are absolutely standing out from the crowd.
- Rodan and Fields: You’ve probably heard of a little skincare brand called Proactive – that’s just one of the many hugely popular Rodan and Fields products. This skincare and beauty MLM was created by two dermatologists, which gives you a serious advantage when selling your products.
- Primerica: Primerica is a financial services MLM that’s been around for over 30 years, so you can be confident that they have staying power. With impressive annual sales and a dedicated customer base, it’s one of the top MLMs on the market today.
- Younique: This beauty-based MLM has demonstrated that it has a deep understanding of today’s world of social media, rocketing to nearly instant success after its creation. You’ll be able to utilize your own social media platform to grow your team and sales.
- Amway: Amway is one of the largest MLM companies in the world, boasting over $8 billion in annual sales. Their name is familiar to people both in and out of the MLM industry, and their product selection is extremely varied and widely appealing.
How Can I Excel at MLM?
Two of the most important things you’ll need for MLM is passion and determination. Many people start working for an MLM company because they think it’s the next get-rich-quick scheme, and they’ll be able to make money without any effort. While MLM is an excellent way to work smarter rather than harder, it does still require effort on your end. To establish a strong team of downline distributors, it’s critical that you demonstrate a passion for the company and its products.
You’ll also find the work much easier if you have developed a range of media-related skills and understand how to navigate the MLM world. At Be On Air Media Schools, we have a variety of programs that can prepare you for MLM success. Give any of the Ohio, Colorado, Illinois and Miami Media Schools a look. Once you decide if it is the path you want to take, you can apply online.