Join our Practical Media Programs in Lakewood, CO
We’ve seen tremendous growth in our program since the Colorado Media School first opened in 2001. We’ve outgrown two campuses but continue to call Lakewood home.
As new horizons are explored and conquered, the opportunities for trained broadcasting professionals keep expanding. Staff announcers, newscasters, sportscasters, DJ’s, VJ’s, writers, directors and producers – all are needed to staff our expanding industry. We are placing our graduates in hundreds of new traditional and non-traditional jobs.
TV & RADIO
TV & RADIO BROADCASTING
Our 8-month hands-on, real-world technical training gives our students the tools they need to be competitive in todays’ industry. Our core program gives you the opportunity to experience the industry as it is today. Taught by working professionals and guided by experienced career services advisors, students are fully trained and prepared to enter the broadcasting industry with minimal on-the-job training.
FILM & VIDEO
FILM & VIDEO PRODUCTION
The Advanced Film and Video Production Program provides contemporary and traditional skills in modern production of digital video content. The program helps the intermediate, or experienced multimedia professional learn more about modern styles and technical skills. The program prepares students for their field with history, pre productions, shooting, and editing skills. This program offers advanced education with the ever changing contemporary techniques of lighting, shooting, and editing.
MEDIA SALES & MARKETING
Selling any show or new act can be difficult, and our Media School has the modules you need to learn to market to your target audience Our Web Enhanced Marketing module goes hand in hand with our more standard Use of Content Management Systems course. Our students start learning how to construct a successful sales package from day one in our Media School’s television broadcasting program, giving them a valuable edge over the competition.
The Audio Production program provides an entry into the field of studio-based audio recording and production. The course hones the student’s skills in audio editing and engineering, and applies that skill to the in-studio recording environment. Students learn theory of acoustics, electronics, and audio components, and they learn to record, track, mix, and master music within an audio facility. Importantly, students learn the industry standard audio engineering software and practice that software through the courses in the program. The course also provides instruction on the music and broadcasting industries, and the range of professional opportunity as an audio engineer and music business professional.
Any fledgling sports broadcaster who hopes to succeed at this attractive career needs to understand the intricate ways in which the industry actually works and thinks. There are tricks to this trade, and before you can ever get a foot in the door, you’ll have to learn them. That’s what sports broadcasting schools are all about. The sports broadcasting program will help you acquire the trifecta of factors that every sportscaster needs to possess: talent, enthusiasm, and education.
DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION
DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION
The 8 month Digital Media Production program prepares an individual to gain entry level employment in the media industry. Students learn the art, craft, and technology of audio production, digital video production, web development and social media. The program offers hands-on production experience coupled with a strong theoretical foundation taught by working professionals and guided by experienced career services advisors.
“Learn by Doing” is the School’s style. We know that there is no substitute for operating the tools of broadcasting under the direction of broadcast professionals. The classes and studio sessions are run with the same professional informality that is found throughout the broadcast industry.
Click on a field of study to find out what programs are available at Colorado Media School.
Time to Stop Thinking About It And Do Something
Take the first step toward achieving your dream career in the exciting field of media by applying to M&S Media Schools today. Our campuses offer financial assistance for those who qualify, as we firmly believe that career dreams should be attainable for everyone. If you have any questions about our programs or locations, contact our offices for more information. No matter your needs, we’ll help to ensure that you are capable of attaining the career you’ve been dreaming of!
A Beautiful Location in
The Colorado Media School is located in the heart of the Belmar shopping district not far from downtown Denver. Featuring two internet radio stations, two television studios and audio and video editing stations for our students, someone is always ON-AIR!
Belmar offers more than 80 shops and restaurants, entertainment, events and housing, located just off the corner of Alameda and Wadsworth.
Join the Community of Lakewood, Colorado
Our Colorado college campus is host to a diverse and talented class of students, each with their unique skills and passions. And while no two students are alike, there are two things everyone at our Colorado campus has in common: an enthusiasm for multimedia and plenty of love for the friendly city of Lakewood.
If you’re considering relocating to Lakewood to begin your college and career journey, there’s so much to look forward to. Just minutes outside of Denver, Lakewood is a suburb that’s anything but sleepy. There’s plenty to do and see between the Media School’s campus and the dynamic Belmar shopping district. With a mix of upbeat urban spaces and welcoming suburbs, this city is considered one of the best places to live in Colorado.
Where to Live in Lakewood
Making the move to the Media School’s campus in Lakewood, CO? The city offers an outstanding balance of homes for sale and rent, so you can choose the option that best suits your lifestyle. Whether you’re searching for a compact studio apartment or a spacious, family-friendly house, Lakewood real estate has a little bit of everything.
Because our campus is centrally-located, most Lakewood homes are just a few minutes away by car or public transportation. Depending on where you decide to call home, you might even be able to walk to your classes!
Things to Do in Lakewood
When you’re not immersed in your multimedia education on campus, there’s always something to keep you busy in Lakewood. Here are just a few of the city’s highlights that the Media Schools’ students love most:
- Explore the great outdoors with a visit to Bear Creek Lake Park, a city park centered on the Bear Creek Reservoir. Spend the day hiking or biking through the scenic surroundings, venture out onto the water and do some boating and fishing. Extend your visit by spending the night at one of the on-site cabins or yurts, or settle into one of the available campsites.
- Make the climb up to Green Mountain, where you’ll find spectacular views of the town and the entirety of the front range. It’s a popular spot with both hikers and mountain bikers, and you can even bring your dog along for the adventure. While you’re hiking, tune in to one of the campus’s online radio stations, Mile High Underground or Go Mile High. If you’re part of our broadcasting program, you might even find yourself in the studio before long!
- Test your skills in one of Lakewood’s escape rooms, where you and your friends can work together to solve challenging riddles to earn your escape. It’s a great idea for date night in Lakewood and can also be a fun way to get to know some of your fellow students from the Media School’s campus.
- Do some shopping and grab a bite to eat in the Belmar Shopping District, a popular part of Lakewood – and right next to where you’ll be attending your classes. The area boasts dozens of shops, restaurants, and entertainment highlights, giving you plenty to do when you aren’t busy at school.
- Day-trip to Denver, which is just an easy drive West from Lakewood. Since our Lakewood campus is just a short drive to the well-known Colorado state capital city, you’re always within reach of big-city fun. Many of our students commute from Colorado – so the odds are good that one of your classmates will be a Denver local who’s more than happy to show you around the city!
Find Your Future in Media at Our Lakewood Campus
The community of Lakewood has so much to offer, including our friendly and welcoming campus. Here, you can enroll in one of our many diverse multimedia degree programs and pursue your professional goals surrounding the beauty of Colorado.