Looking to expand your Audio Production career path?
The Audio Production program provides an entry into the field of studio-based audio recording and production. The course hones the student’s skills in audio editing and engineering, and applies that skill to the in-studio recording environment. Students learn theory of acoustics, electronics, and audio components, and they learn to record, track, mix, and master music within an audio facility. Importantly, students learn the industry standard audio engineering software and practice that software through the courses in the program. The course also provides instruction on the music and broadcasting industries, and the range of professional opportunity as an audio engineer and music business professional.
Main Topics in Audio Production Program
If you find yourself taking apart musical tracks or are fascinated by the amazing sound effects in a film, you may be interested in exploring a career in audio production. The recording studio will be your classroom, and sound waves will be your medium. There are many avenues you can follow when delving into the world of audio production, including sound design, musical engineering, and acoustics. Our Audio Production program guides you through several key topics:
- Introduction to Acoustics and Electronics: Become familiar with basic sound terminology and electronic systems. Experience the effects of environment on acoustics.
- Studio Recording 1: ProTools Environment: Get hands-on training with an advanced digital audio workstation, which has been the leading industry software for several years.
- Studio Recording 2: Tracking: Develop your multiple-track recording skills by working with different microphones and audio equipment in various recording scenarios.
- Studio Recording 3: Mixing & Mastering: Use your technical and creative skills to meld multi-track audio sessions into a single stereo track. Improve listener experiences by sweetening sonic qualities using high-end gear.
- Intro to Audio Components and Equipment: Learn to identify, select and utilize industry-standard gear and equipment for recording audio sessions.
- Business 1: Fundamentals of Music Business: Gain valuable insight into marketing and selling music so you can set yourself up for success.
- Business Communications: Acquire the important skill of sharing information with peers and clients in a professional setting.
- Audio Engineering Final Project: Develop a personal final project that displays your recording arts knowledge and creativity.