Which media school has this program?
Get real world hands-on training and workplace experience, with our partner stations
“If you are thinking about a career in the broadcasting field, you definitely need to check out The Illinois Center for Broadcasting. It’s where Broadcasting Careers begin!”
-Summer Jackson | Segment Producer / On Air Talent WCIU-TV
Main Topics in Audio Production Program
If you find yourself taking apart musical tracks or are fascinated by the amazing sound effects in a film, you may be interested in exploring a career in audio production. The recording studio will be your classroom, and sound waves will be your medium. There are many avenues you can follow when delving into the world of audio production, including sound design, musical engineering, and acoustics.
In our audio production training program, you’ll be able to build a skill set that prepares you to jump into the industry full-force. Thanks to our advanced curriculum and hands-on approach, you’ll have a competitive edge when pursuing your career path of choice. Audio production is a multi-faceted career path that offers plenty of options, so you can choose the one that best fits your interests and long-term goals:
- Enjoy video games, television, or movies? You can work towards becoming an audio programmer, sound designer, or audio director and have a hand in creating and implementing sound effects, music, and other audio into the latest Hollywood hits, small screen favorites, and hot game releases. Or, become a dialogue editor and tackle the production, recording, and editing of dialogue for a range of creative projects, including working with voice over actors.
- Put your skills to creative use and become a DJ, using music and sound to fuel the fun of crowds at special events, nightclubs, and more.
- If you’re passionate about music, consider becoming a recording/audio engineer. You’ll have a hand in helping artists bring their creative visions to life through music and sound.
- Become an acoustical engineer or acoustical consultant and use your knowledge of sound to help design ideal spaces for a wide range of performances, including theater shows and concerts.
- Keep everything in perfect harmony at a recording studio as a studio manager or owner, a role that lets you wear many different hats and experience many elements of the industry.
These are a just a few of the career options open to graduates of our dynamic, high-quality audio technician training program.
How to Be Successful in an Audio Production Career
Having a passion for your career path is key, but it isn’t the only thing you need to pave your path to professional success. If you have dreams of excelling in your audio production career, you’ll need to stay one step above in a highly competitive industry. Want to stand out from the crowd and pursue your career dreams? Here’s what you’ll need to start off on the right foot:
- A high-quality education that includes hands-on training and applicable skill building. There are plenty of educational programs that promise to prepare you for a career in audio production, but the best media schools combine high-caliber instruction with real-world experiences. Not only should you be learning about audio production techniques on paper, but you should have the opportunity to practice and perfect these skills as well.
- A willingness to work hard and a positive attitude towards learning. In this dynamic, ever-changing industry, it’s important to be ready to learn and be a hard worker at all stages of your career.
- The ability to stay up-to-date with new technology and software. For many future audio production techs, being tech-savvy is just one of the characteristics that fuel their interest in the industry. With new software and technology constantly arriving on the scene, you’ll need to keep yourself engaged with the latest and greatest tools in the field.
How to Find a High-Quality Audio Production Program
Ready to take your first step towards the audio production career of your dreams? Finding a high-quality, reputable educational program is key to setting yourself up for success. When you’re considering programs, it’s important to look for one that blends theory with hands-on experience, giving you the opportunity to use what you’ve learned in a real-world setting.
At the schools of the Be On Air Network in Colorado, Ohio, Illinois, and Miami, our expert educators can prepare you with the skills and knowledge you need to excel in the industry and achieve your professional goals. Contact our admissions team to learn more about how you can enroll today!
Our Audio Production program guides you through several key topics:
Become familiar with basic sound terminology and electronic systems. Experience the effects of environment on acoustics.
Get hands-on training with an advanced digital audio workstation, which has been the leading industry software for several years.
Develop your multiple-track recording skills by working with different microphones and audio equipment in various recording scenarios.
Use your technical and creative skills to meld multi-track audio sessions into a single stereo track. Improve listener experiences by sweetening sonic qualities using high-end gear.
Learn to identify, select and utilize industry-standard gear and equipment for recording audio sessions.
Gain valuable insight into marketing and selling music so you can set yourself up for success.
Acquire the important skill of sharing information with peers and clients in a professional setting.
Develop a personal final project that displays your recording arts knowledge and creativity.
Time to Stop Thinking About It And Do Something
Take the first step toward achieving your dream career in the exciting field of media by applying to the Media Schools today. Our campuses offer financial assistance for those who qualify, as we firmly believe that career dreams should be attainable for everyone. If you have any questions about our programs or locations, simply contact our offices for more information. No matter your needs, we’ll help to ensure that you are capable of attaining the career you’ve been dreaming of!