In today’s digital world, most people view at least a handful of videos every day, whether they’re watching them on their smartphone, laptop, or TV. Video platforms such as YouTube have made it easier than ever to not only access a huge variety of video topics but also to become someone that actually creates them. Video is a versatile tool that can be used in business, education, entertainment, and so much more, and creating your own video projects is a fun way to challenge yourself creatively and maybe even go viral.
If you’re looking for a topic for your next video, here are ten simple ideas you might want to try:
- Interviews are a classic video topic that goes back much further than web-based video, and they’re not going anywhere anytime soon. Consider interviewing someone of interest to you, like a leader in your community, someone with an unusual job, or someone that’s extremely knowledgeable on a specific topic.
- Make a how-to screencast, showing viewing how they can learn a new program or specific skill. You can record something as simple as how to use basic computer programs, or give smart tips for organizing your inbox or editing photos.
- Produce a parody of your favorite TV show, film, or music video. Parodies can often hold the potential to go viral, especially if they’re based off something that’s well-known in pop culture or current events.
- Give a behind the scenes look at something in your life, whether it’s your video filming routine, morning work-out, or daily walk around the block. Viewers often enjoy the “sneak peek” feeling that comes from getting a view into your life.
- Share a product review, whether it’s for a new tech device, beauty product, snack food, or book – anything goes!
- Create a stop-motion video, using a video editing program to make the production process easier and faster. This type of video project offers up plenty of opportunities to get as creative as you’d like.
- Make a haul video. Haul videos take a fun look at the purchases you’ve made from a specific store or on a recent shopping spree and have become a very popular video topic.
- Put together a round up of video clips, compiling your favorite short chunks from a certain timespan or topic. Consider doing a “year in review” or another similar flashback-style video.
- Take viewers on a tour of your home, filming space, or favorite place in your hometown. Point out specific highlights or unique aspects to keep the tour interesting, and share what you love (or don’t!) about the specific space.
- Share your opinion on a specific topic, such as entertainment, sports, or politics. Encourage engagement by asking viewers to comment and share theirs as well.
Turn Your Passion for Video Production into a Career at Be On Air Media Schools, located in Ohio, Colorado, Illinois, and Miami.
Do you love creating videos and challenging yourself to learn new production skills and techniques? You can turn your hobby into an exciting and lucrative career by pursuing a degree in film and video production from Be On Air Media Schools, located in Ohio, Colorado, Illinois, and Miami. Whether your favorite part of the video creation process is being behind the camera or in front of the lens, our program can help you learn new skills and gain the hands-on experience you need for the future. The media industry can be highly competitive and demanding, but with a degree from our schools, you’ll be prepared to dive right in.
Start your media career off on the right foot by applying for Be On Air Media Schools, located in Ohio, Colorado, Illinois, and Miami today!