In the ever-growing world of video on demand (VOD), it is crucial to stay ahead of the curve and understand the best platforms to grow your VOD business. Recent data shows that the global VOD platform market is estimated to reach $225 billion by 2028 – with more than 70% of Americans already using at least one VOD subscription today. As a prospective student at Beonair Network of Media Schools, learning about the top VOD platforms in 2023 is a valuable skill that will enhance your knowledge and marketability in the industry.
Video on demand offers a great chance for creators, brands, and businesses to succeed. Knowing top VOD platforms’ features and success strategies allows you to make smart decisions for your VOD business and stay ahead of the competition. Let’s examine the leading VOD platforms of 2023 and learn how they can boost your VOD career.
How Does Video On Demand Work?
VOD stands for “Video-on-Demand,” a system that provides access to digital video content via compatible, internet-connected devices such as smartphones, desktops, TVs, and others.
First, videos are converted into digital format and stored in a video server. Then, upon users’ request, they are transmitted, compressed, decoded, and decompressed at the viewer’s device.
Benefits of Effective VOD Platforms
The right VOD solution can be the difference between success and failure for a brand or content creator venturing into the world of video. But do you know what to look for?
Here are some key advantages you can leverage with an excellent video-on-demand platform.
- Convenience: Users can easily search and watch their desired content anytime, anywhere, without few to no limitations.
- Reach: Content creators can reach a wider audience beyond geographical and time constraints due to the availability of multiple screens.
- Compatibility: A top-quality VOD platform offers HD-quality viewing with low latency, no buffering, instant video start-up, and compatibility across devices, all qualities that are appreciated (and now expected) by audiences.
- Viewership metrics: Analytical data provides insights into viewer activity, making it easier to determine the viewing behavior of the target audience and optimize your efforts accordingly.
- Interactivity: Features such as comments, likes, in-video surveys, file attachments, and timed comments enable viewer interaction, creating an overall more engaging experience.
Best Video On Demand (VOD) Platforms/Providers in 2023
With a vast array of VOD platforms available, knowing where to start can be challenging. We have created a quick reference list of our go-to platforms for video-on-demand and a summary of each one’s key features and capabilities.
VPlayed is a 100% customizable video streaming solution with flexible and secure features for professional-level use. It incorporates multi-bitrate technology and an HLS player to enhance video streaming, and its exceptional content management leads to increased engagement and a higher ROI.
Key features of VPLayed include:
- Built-in video CMS for content management
- 6+ monetization models for videos
- Marketing and analytics tools
Vidyard is equipped with unmatched player connectivity, customer service, and features and is specifically designed to help brands and businesses engage their audience via personalized video experiences. It is a user-friendly tool that makes recording and sharing videos effortless and personal.
Key features of Vidyard include:
- Automated video marketing platform for data-driven strategies
- Increased success with personalized video experiences
- Ad-free video uploads and playback.
GudSho is designed with many features that make it accessible to various influencers and creators across different genres, such as education, fitness, lifestyle, and more. It streamlines basic operations, allowing creators to manage all tasks with just a few clicks.
Key features of GudSho include:
- Useful features for creators
- Advanced analytics dashboard for monitoring video performance
- Multiple monetization models, including SVOD, TVOD, and donations
Wowza is a video-on-demand streaming platform that enables quick and easy HD downloads to any device, expanding your audience by broadcasting pre-recorded content to computers and players. There are two primary options for using Wowza (Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine), which work together to provide comprehensive VOD streaming solutions.
Key features of Wowza include:
- HTML embedding for seamless video playback on all devices
- Content publishing with master bitrate renditions
- Smart embedded real-time streaming for interactive virtual environments
Brightcove is a well-established VOD platform that provides video delivery across multiple screens and users with a strong media cloud, serving as a centralized video network for live streaming, monetization, marketing, analytics, encoding, and more.
Key features of Brightcove include:
- Optimized live streaming with distributed cloud support
- Analytics reports tracking user engagement and interest
- Social media integration to boost video ranking
Find Your Future in Digital Media Today!
If you are interested in pursuing a career in digital media, the right skills and experiences are essential to breaking into the highly competitive industry. At the Beonair Network of Media Schools, with campuses located in Miami, Chicago, Colorado, and Ohio, students in our Digital Media Production program gain an in-depth perspective on all aspects of content creation, publishing, marketing, and more.
Start working towards a job in media when you apply online to join our program now!