The success of a product, service and even an entire business often relies on an effective sales campaign. And in our world of modern marketing, digital media has completely changed how campaigns are planned, developed, implemented, and analyzed.
For marketing professionals and businesses, this shift brings new opportunities and challenges alike. Whether you’re a part of your first or five hundredth sales campaign, there’s no question that digital media skills are a must.
What is Digital Media?
Let’s start with a clear and accurate definition of “digital media.” Digital media encompasses a broad range of mediums, specifically those that we interact with online, via social media, in our email inboxes, and through other digital channels.
It’s everywhere: in the advertisement that pops up during your favorite mobile game app, the digital billboards you pass during your morning commute, and the sponsored posts influencers share on Instagram. And because it’s so prevalent, digital media has transformed how we consume news, entertainment, information, and more.
How Digital Media Affects Marketing
These days, a business/brand will find it extremely hard to succeed without the use of digital media. And if you’re hoping to start a career in marketing or advertising, you won’t get very far without key skills and an understanding of social media, video/audio production, and other basics.
Here are just a few of the ways that digital media has changed marketing:
- New ways to reach a highly specific target audience
- More engaging options for sales campaigns, including video, social media, and etc.
- An increased need to innovate to stay ahead of the competition and keep up with trends
- Higher demand for media professionals, including those with experience in production, audio/video, branding, imaging, and other specialized areas
How Skills in Digital Media Can Boost Your Sales Campaign
Now you can see why digital media is so critical to your ability to run an effective sales campaign. And digital marketing isn’t going anywhere, so when it comes to strengthening your skillset, it’s now or never.
Here’s a list of some key skills you’ll need to use digital media to launch a great sales campaign:
Any text you read online, from social media posts to company blogs, has to be written by somebody – and that somebody is a copywriter. Copywriting skills make it easier to develop high-quality content that will connect with your target customers, all while building a solid brand identity, promoting products/services, and establishing trust and authority.
Digital copywriting involves:
- Creating content that is goal-oriented, interesting, and well-written
- Using keywords and phrases for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Understanding your audience
Social media marketing
Social media is a big part of our everyday lives and a valuable medium for digital marketing. With the right approach, you can use social media to market a brand, build relationships with customers, and generate traffic to a website and brick-and-mortar business.
Social media marketing involves:
- Navigating various social media strategies, including paid advertising
- Learning current social media marketing techniques and trends
- Interacting positively with current and prospective customers
Graphic designers tap into visual elements such as logos, infographics, photos, and many others to deliver a message that aligns with specific objectives. For a sales campaign, graphic design serves both form and function. For example, a digital advertisement would need someone with graphic design skills to develop the ad layout, create an interesting image/graphic, and choose a color scheme.
Graphic design involves:
- Using visual media to convey a message
- Understanding graphic design principles such as balance, proportion, and emphasis
- Enhancing the customer experience
Video has become one of the most promising mediums for innovative marketers, providing a new opportunity to capture customer interest in a fast-paced digital landscape. Video content can be presented to consumers via video sharing sites like YouTube, or even in ad form on streaming platforms, websites, and more.
Video marketing involves:
- Using video and audio production skills, including post-production
- Creating storyboards to prepare for video creation
- Editing to deliver a polished final product
Build Your Digital Media Skills and Take Your Career to the Next Level
These are just a few of the many digital skills that can elevate a sales campaign and make you a better marketing professional. If you’re ready to advance your career, it’s time to learn as much as possible about digital media.
At the BeonAir Network of Media Schools, with campuses located in Miami, Chicago, Colorado, and Ohio, our Digital Media Production program offers a comprehensive education that includes multiple mediums, techniques, and skills. You’ll learn about the best practices for marketing and branding while gaining hands-on experience with industry-specific equipment and tools. Once you graduate, you’ll be armed with an array of skills that you can apply immediately.
For more information about our Digital Media Production courses, contact our team today!
Image Source: Infot / Shutterstock